My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Tick, tock, and Ka-ching

I was thinking the other night that, much to my surprise, time still is flying by. It wont be very long until I'll have to get serious again about getting all my documents together to prepare for my submission to CIC. One of the big decisions I have to make is whether to engage an immigration lawyer or not. Fankly, the last time around my ex and I worked with two of them, and they were less than sensational. One was a joke and the second really didn't prepare us for what would turn out to be the key issues of our case when it came down to it. So I'm really thinking carefully about it this time around. It's expensive for one thing...$3-5000 CDN on average. And it's difficult - more difficult now for me to work with a lawyer in Toronto that I'll not be seeing throughout most of the process.

Other expenses are coming soon too - need lots of cash in the bank ($10K CDN) because there isn't any support for skilled workers coming in...$400+ US for medical exams - again...and if I'm landed, another $1000 CDN landing tax.

So time to earn and time to save, because time to spend is coming soon. The clock is ticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment