My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

More fun with YouTube - Some Candian music videos

Here's a few of my favorite videos by Canadian artists (not necessarily current cuts, just under the category of "stuff I like") as we wind out the old year and welcome in the new. If I can remember anything about them, I'll be sure and make a note...




Barenaked Ladies - "Call and Answer"
This is my favorite BnL song. It's just so perfectly sad, and in this case, that's a very good thing. Steve Page does this thing in his songwriting where you ask, "is he angry? Is he sad? If he's sad, why does he sound so angry?" Listen to the lyrics and you'll get what I mean.



Barenaked Ladies - Pinch Me
When I first remember the band, it's not from the late exposure they got via a Mitsubishi ad, but instead through this silly video with this great low-key groove. Try and see the world beyond your front door once and awhile too...



Nelly Furtado - I'm Like A Bird
Nelly's first single and a lovely one at that - well before the club-grind of "Loose," here's a dancy, poppy Nelly, produced by Toronto's Track and Field (aka Philosopher Kings' Gerald Eaton and Brian West). Great little pop tune.



Len - Steal My Sunshine
This brother and sister act are one-hit wonders, but they did leave us one wonderful hit. I just love this tune.



Sum 41 - In Too Deep
From the band that brought you, "Does this look infected?" comes this "smart-punk" rocker. Listen to how a great band can take a simple melody and work the most out of it.

(more to come...)

No comments:

Post a Comment