My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Bad Timing, that's all

I love that Blue Rodeo song.

Unfortunately, when it comes to the latest statistics on immigration processing wait times and my own application, it seems to be an applicable title.

Since 2004, wait times are up 20%. Yikes. I wondered why I hadn't heard anything yet from my lawyer, and this information released by the Liberals gives me a good reason. Our application is probabably still in the in box.

The Tories say they inherited big backlogs upon taking power. Oh poo - I don't buy that. The numbers were what they were and they are what they are. Everyone at the time knew Canada was actively trying to attract more skilled workers, as well as opening up new options for the family class. Did they think they would get through all these new applications without applying some increased manpower to the processing? In the US, we call that an "unfunded mandate" - in Canada, it's still the Liberal's fault.

Come on Stephen - this is the essence of managing growth.

Read the Star article here

No comments:

Post a Comment