My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Google bends the rules?

Maybe you can help me. In this article published on the 13th by the Star, we read the story of a talented technology manager who works for Google in the US, but, because of US visa restrictions, is living in Canada. The article is titled, "U.S. red tape forces gifted workers north".

But that's deceptive. North to live, not to work. North without contributing to Canada - except living here. Now that's the story of the husband of this pair - the wife, also a technology pro, IS actually working and contributing to Canada.

Maybe it's just me, but it really seems like Google - not the family - is the one taking advantage of the immigration system. While the husband is stationed in Toronto, he works in the US, collects a US paycheck, pays US taxes...

I'm just not sure how to think about this, but it seems like an abuse of the skilled worker visa program to me. I'm willing to be wrong about this opinion. Read the article and tell me what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment