My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Monday, March 08, 2010

Nine soft skills no immigrant should be without

Nick Noorani wrote the following article for CanadaImmigrant.ca

"Skilled immigrants often focus on improving technical skills after coming to Canada, and they are shocked when they are told they have “no Canadian experience.” I’ve realized that this albatross around immigrants’ necks is actually a vague way of saying: “You lack the soft skills I am looking for in an employee.”"

Read about the nine soft skills that Nick believes no immigrant should be without here.

3 comments:

  1. This post on 9 soft skills (aka people-skills) that no immigrant should be without has breath and enough depth to be a "must read" for intercultural awareness. This list is so valuable it would be true in any country. Bravo Nick. I will put this out on Twitter.

    You might enjoy my latest release that outlines soft skills in different USA regions -- for anyone doing business in the USA. http://katenasser.com/training-dvds/.

    All the best,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick,
    One more thing, I will be quoting your post (with the URL) in a post I am writing this week for my blog. I loved your example of "John Hancock".
    Warmest wishes,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate,

    Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I am frankly overwhelmed. Will email you separately.

    Also wanted to thank The Expatriate Mind for posting the article.

    Nick Noorani
    www.nicknoorani.com

    ReplyDelete