My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Last days in the U.S. (for now)

I'm landing as a Permanent Resident in Canada on Friday. One bag packed, another to go, and then final lists to print out for my Form B4 and B4a. It's best to wait and do this last so the accounting is accurate.

I've been spending time with friends and family, saying my goodbyes for now, gathering a suitcase full of well wishes and love to see me through the first couple months of transition while I wait for the Permanent Resident Card to show up (this is the card needed to re-enter Canada once you've landed as an immigrant and travel outside the country). I know in my heart the time will go fast, and everything will be alright; but I also know this is as big a change as I've made in my life and it's going to take some adjusting.

I'm going to try and get most of my packing done tomorrow so I can really take a few long, deep breathes of Seattle air before I leave. Maybe this isn't the best approach - giving myself time to ponder and consider what's left behind. But I'm no good at the scramble - waiting for the last minute. So I guess pondering time, it is. A last visit with family, making sure everyone's Skype connection is working correctly...that sort of thing.

I'm exited. I'm nervous. I think I'll leave the next post to report on the landing process. Please say prayers for me, that it all goes well. The next time you hear from me, I'll be a Canadian - of the Permanent Resident variety.

1 comment: